Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Copy and Paste.. WTF? Or Why the future isn't here yet

package inspired.flash.rant
{
     I just really need to rant, this happens way to often for my tastes.

I don't know what the culprit is, but there is something fishy going on. Every now and then (usually when I have the most work to do, and am really pressed for time.) The "copy and paste" functionality on my computer doesn't work.



Here is a rundown of what happens.
1. I try to move a folder or a file from one directory to another.
2. It fails.. and stalls,.. and then I get an error message "can not access your clipboard"
3. I go to another random program, open it up, and copy paste of text works just dandy.
4. I search the net, unable to find a solution, I reboot.
5. Everything works fine for a while, and them BAM.
6. Frustrated, I close my gmail tabs.. check my flash builder, and copy paste still doesn't work.  I search the net again.
7. I close one of the tabs in chrome that was previously opened, (it's different every time), and then suddenly copy/paste works just fine and dandy..
8. I reopen the tabs, and copy and paste still work just fine... untill it doesn't on another day with other tabs open.

I don't know who to blame, who to send the bug report to, or what to do about it... any help would be appreciated   Maybe, one day, I'll figure out the correct sequence to fix the problem and I'll be able to happily ignore it, but for now... grrrrr!

Days like this make we want to go into simple like being a locksmith or construction. As far as I know, physics has yet to develop bugs.
}

No comments:

Post a Comment